Thursday, September 8, 2011

In the mood for soup!

Taco Soup that is!!

Prep Time: 5 minutes, Cook Time: 10 mintues, Servings: 5-6
  • 1 can Low sodium black beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 1 can hot and spicy chili beans
  • 1 can low sodium pinto beans
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1 small can green chilies
  • 1/2 cup jalapenos
  • 1 can whole kernel corn
  • 3 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
  • 1 can diced tomatoes Italian seasoning
  • 1 packet taco seasoning mix
  • 1 packet ranch dressing mix
  1. In a medium skillet brown ground beef with chopped onion. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a large pot mix diced tomatoes, green chillies, and corn.
  3. Next, add ground beef and onions and black beans, chili beans, and pinto beans.
  4. Lastly, add in taco mix, ranch mix, and jalapenos and simmer on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
  5. Serve hot and enjoy! Optional toppings include reduced fat sour cream and 2% Mexican cheese!

How yummy does this look???

Taco soup is one of my FAVORITE fall time recipes. I love that we can get so many meals out of one recipe.

What's your favorite soup??

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and easy (it's hard to get seasoning packets here though so will figure out the mix that will be tasty!)

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks kind of cool... I can probably just leave out the meat, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in SUCH the mood for soup lately, so I'm definitely going to try this out. My fiance will be VERY happy since he loves Mexican themed dinners. Thanks for the recipe, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM... I love taco soup!! That is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear what you think!